Hello Tawny Owls!
Can you believe that we have got to the end of our first term already!
This week, in Maths, we have been comparing amounts. We have used the vocabulary: more, fewer, greater than, less than and equal to. We also started to look at the greater than and less than symbols. We used straws to compare two towers of cubes.
In Phonics we have looked at the Green Froggy digraph ee. We could spot the digraph in words and had a go at writing words with the ee sound. We have also begun to add 'ing' and 'ed' to the end of verbs to change the meaning. We chose a verb, like 'jump' and wrote it two ways: jumping and jumped.
Over the half term the children have been given an extra Monster Phonics book and an extra picture book in your Bag of Books. Please continue to read with your children and sign the reading diaries.
Your yellow reading diaries and Monster Phonics books need to come in to school every day. We love to listen to the children read any chance we can get throughout the day, so please ensure your child has their diary and book in school. It's really great to get in the habit of storing the diary and book in your child's book bag, that way you know they always have it, both at home and school :)
Next term PE will take place on Thursdays with Mr Pearce. Please ensure your child has the correct kit every Thursday, thank you!
I hope you all have a wonderful half term. I look forward to seeing you all at the start of next term.
To find out the key information for this term, look at the information below and if you have any further questions please come and speak to us.
- Staffing - Mrs Marah will teach in Tawny Owls on Mondays and Mrs Pearce will teach Tuesdays-Fridays. Mrs Harris will support our learning on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and Mrs Fairfax will support our learning on Wednesdays.
- Each morning the children need to arrive at school between 8:45 am and 9:00 am. The blue gate will open at 8:45 am and close at 9:00 am.
- Home time is at 3:30 pm and the children will walk round to the gate at the top of the playground where they will be dismissed by a member of staff (Mrs Marah on Mondays, Mrs Pearce on Tuesdays-Fridays).
- The children will need to bring in a named water bottle each day.
- PE this term will be with Mr Pearce and take place on Thursday mornings.
- Children will need to come into school wearing their PE kit. Please make sure that all of your children's items are NAMED so they can easily be recognised. We all know how unpredictable the British weather can be and the children will be doing PE both inside and outside, so send them in with layers and a waterproof. The children will need to be wearing the following items:
- A plain white PE top
- Navy or black bottoms. These could include:
- A plain blue or black PE jumper
- A pair of trainers
- Reading Books - each week the children will bring home a Bag of Books, these will be a selection of books, inline with the Phonics learning that week, plus a selection of Reading for Pleasure books. The children will be enjoy these books for the week (please read them more than once) and then will need to return the Bag of Books to school on a Friday, ready to swap for a new selection of books. Please continue to sign the reading diaries each time you read at home. We have now started Guided Reading in class. The children will be reading a Monster Phonics book 3 times during the week, in school, focusing on: book talk and decoding, prosidy and comprehension. The children will then bring this book home on a Friday to read at home.